The Jones's at No. 43

Friday, February 15, 2008

Doha Random Pics

I was going through all my previous posts and I realised I haven't put my photos in from my trip to Doha. I didn't take too many but there are a few I can put in here. I know it was last year in October, but I'd still like to post them.

Beach

The first few are of our trip to the beach. My sister and I decided to walk out to the sea even though we weren't going to swim. My dad took this photo from where he was sat by the car.





The reason for going to the beach was so my dad could take photos of birds (hence my sister with the binoculars, see below).



Out and About

This is the new stadium which was built for the Asian Games.



Next to the stadium there's this tower, I can't really remember what's inside it, just that the bit that sticks out is the floor with a swimming pool.



Inside the shopping mall Villagio. The ceiling is made to look like the sky and changes brightness depending on the time of day i.e. it will be lighter at lunchtime than it is late afternoon.



I love the new shopping malls in Doha. They have everything - Marks and Spencer, Claire's Accessories, Body Shop, Virgin Megastore etc etc. I thought it was really funny that they had a prize draw in Virgin where you were able to win a boat!!



This shop is in Electricity Street and I just love the name of it. I bought some really nice clothes from there (and very reasonably priced too)!



Melissa singing at Garvey's (I think that's where it was taken).



Finally; while I was in Doha I spent a lot of time at home, so I made a lot of ceramics. Most of the stuff I made is for our baby's nursery whenever we get settled somewhere (who knows where we'll be?). I took a few photos of some of the things I made:

Moon lamp



Teddy Bear Clock



Baby Plate



That's it really - just wanted to post the pics to show you. Will write soon. I think the nearer I get to April, the more I will be posting as I seem to be spending more time at home and less time going out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home