The Jones's at No. 43

Thursday, January 31, 2008

We have A/Cs!!!!

Pen went off to work at 9.30 a.m this morning and I got up and called the a/c guy to confirm that they were coming before 11 a.m as promised. The guy didn’t answer my call, but called me back about 10 minutes later to say they should be here by 11. There was no point in going back to bed, so I passed the time doing some housework and watching a bit of TV.

At 11.30 the a/c guys still hadn’t arrived, so I called again. He told me within one hour they would be there, then in the next sentence he said ‘Before 3 o’clock’. I told him between now and 3 o’clock is not 1 hour – it’s 3½ ! He told me that they were waiting for the motor blade to arrive but they would be here before 3. I called Penri and told him what the guy had said. He asked me to give him Soloman's number and he tried calling to see what the problem was. He was told the same as me.

Guess what ... 3 o’clock came and went and they still weren’t here. I called Pen at 3.30 to tell him that they hadn’t come and he said ‘Leave it with me, I’ll call you back’. He phoned back to say they should be with me any minute as they left the workshop ages ago. They arrived at 10 to 4 and fixed both a/cs! Yey! I was so happy!!

The a/c in the lounge (where the plug socket actually blew up and they had to peel it off the wall in pieces) was working, but instead of putting a new plug socket in, they’ve just put the wires straight into the hole in the wall. They told me they were finished work and I asked what about the hole in the wall – it doesn’t look safe. The guy called his boss and I was told that it was fine and they would come back in a couple of days with a new socket, but we could use the a/c in the meantime. I was just happy to have working air conditioners!

While they were here fixing the a/c I had a fainting spell. I started sweating and could just see white blurry dots, I felt as if I was going to pass out. It's a horrible feeling. I called down to the restaurant and asked Christine to bring me a glass of juice up and sit with me for 5 minutes till it passed. I didn’t want to faint while I had two repair guys here ... I probably would have woken up in some Government hospital! She came upstairs and sat with me till the feeling passed, which luckily it did.

Feeling fine now and all ready to go to the doctor's tomorrow morning for more blood tests! Fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home