The Jones's at No. 43

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Discoveries in Chennai

Over the last few days I’ve discovered new things here!

Whilst out shopping yesterday with my friend Tatjana, we went to check out a shopping mall as one of my friend’s told me there was a good baby shop there. On the ground floor there was a place called ‘Snow World’ and outside the door there were lines of Wellington boots and coats. I asked Tatjana what she thought it was, but we didn’t know.

When we were in the baby shop, the assistant spoke excellent English, so I asked him ‘What is Snow World?’ He told me it’s a place where you go (meant for kids, but adults can go too), and you can hire a sled and go down a snow slope. He also told us it’s -5 degrees inside. I couldn’t believe it – how cool! If I wasn’t pregnant, I would’ve gone in just to go down the man-made snow slope! Also, in the same mall – they have dodgems! Who would’ve thought it! Here in Chennai.

The other thing I found out yesterday is that there is a Post Office directly opposite my house. I was really happy and even more overjoyed to find out they do registered post (which is the equivalent of recorded delivery). I went over to post a parcel to my Greek penpal, Efi, who had a baby boy on January 18th. It’s a tiny little post office, which is why I’ve never seen it before. Very handy though.

Finally, I found a place that does Lamaze classes here. So, I signed up, booked us in and we start on the 23rd February. I’m hoping they’ll be useful. It’s a six week course and apparently covers everything from relaxation techniques to childbirth education. I’m really looking forward to going and feel even happier that it’s run by a renowned doctor.

1 Comments:

At 2:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
I am 34 weeks pregnant and live in Chennai. I was wondering where you went for your lamaze classes and if they were of help.

Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home