The Jones's at No. 43

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Unbearable!





















The last few days have been SO, SO, SO HOT! Our electricity went off on Tuesday early afternoon - the whole house. We had no lights, fans or air conditining!! As you can imagine, it was a pretty horrendous night. At the moment, the temperature during the day is between 42 - 45 degrees and although it cools down in the evenings, it is still hot. So, we both hardly slept; Penri kept getting up to have a shower and then trying to go to sleep, but nothing seemed to help.

The landlord's secretary arranged for someone to come out from the EB (Electricity Board) on Wednesday morning, which they did at 8 a.m - very unusual for India as normally they say they'll be there and 4 hours later you are still waiting for them. Anyway, he turned up and fixed the electric and off he went. So, Penri and I went back to sleep as we were both shattered.

Two hours later, the power went off again. At this point, I had to get up and go out - I couldn't cope with it anymore. I went to have a shower and turned on the tap ... no water! Would you believe?! So, I put on my swimsuit, went downstairs and jumped in the pool, where I stayed until I had cooled off.

The electricity is now working again, but every hour it goes off for about 10 minutes, which is frustrating but at least it is on more than it is off! The picture above gives a pretty good idea of how it feels. I can't decide what is worse being too hot or too cold! Roll on October/November for the Monsoon season!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home