The Jones's at No. 43

Friday, April 27, 2007

York then Grimsby

















York - isn't it beautiful?

Arriving in York, it was already early evening. We checked into our hotel (The Royal York Hotel) emptied the car and then went out to get something to eat.

On Thursday morning Penri dropped me off near York town centre at 9 a.m and went off to work. York is quite big and I walked around shopping (and spending) until 2 p.m. I really liked York - it was colourful, pretty and the shops were great! It felt like I walked for miles.

While I was shopping in York, I saw something unusual. There was a busker on the high street ... this may not sound unusual until I tell you the next part ... he was playing a piano! A full size upright piano. I was very impressed - not so much by his playing (although he was pretty good) but for his innovative idea. I must admit I've never seen a busker on a piano before! See below:
















Penri picked me up at 2 p.m and we drove to Grimsby. We were supposed to be going to Norwich on Friday (for Penri's work) but the people in the office there postponed it until Tuesday, although Penri still had to work on the Friday - he had two conference calls. While Penri worked on Friday, I walked around the shops in Grimsby high street.

1 Comments:

At 2:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home