The Jones's at No. 43

Friday, April 27, 2007

Sandwich and Norwich

























Well, this has to be one of the most beautiful, relaxing places I've ever been to. I took so many photos that I found it hard to choose which ones to put on my blog site (hence there being 3 photos).

We arrived in Sandwich on Sunday evening and went out for a walk around. It was very small, but very nice. On Monday morning, we checked out at 9.40 and I met up with Lara (my friend from Scunthorpe who I've known since I was very young). While Pen went off to work, Lara and I sat and had coffee and caught up on what's been happening in our lives. Lara had to leave to go to work at 12 and Penri wasn't finished until 3 p.m so I went for another walk around Sandwich. I bought some books and some feta and olives for a snack. Then I sat and read outside the museum (see picture) until 2.30 and then headed back to meet Penri.

From there we drove up to Norwich (my geography is certainly improving and I think even Penri would agree that my map reading is getting better)! In Norwich, we got a bit lost when we were looking for the hotel (we didn't have a map and Penri had asked for directions but we just seemed to be going around in circles). We finally found the hotel (Maid's Head Hotel) and checked in. We then got some dinner and chilled out watching TV.

On Tuesday morning Penri went off to work and one guess as to what I did .... shopping! Norwich was actually a really nice place to shop although, again, very large and lots of walking involved. I met Penri at 2 o'clock and we drove from Norwich to Stanstead Airport to take the car back before moving on to London.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home