The Jones's at No. 43

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Getting ready ...

In preparation for the baby coming, I am becoming a complete cleaning freak! I'm told by my friends it's called 'nesting'. I woke up this morning and just had to clean! I've been like this for a couple of weeks now and I'm hoping it's going to stop soon because it is really very tiring sweeping, mopping and cleaning all the time! I even think about it as I'm falling to sleep (maybe that's why it takes me so long to nod off!)

Anyway, with this in mind, I decided last week that I should give up the hire of my piano. Mainly because I very, very rarely play it; secondly because we can save the monthly hire charges (although it's not that expensive); and finally because I know once the baby comes I will have even less time than I do now. So, I spoke to my friend Chelle, who I knew was looking to hire a piano and she was only too happy to take over the rental of it.

We both went to the music shop on Wednesday to see the manager, who is always so polite and accommodating. I explained I wanted to give up the hire and Chelle wanted to take it over. He was very nice about it and said it wouldn't be a problem and we filled out all the paperwork there and then. He asked when we wanted it moved and I told him Friday (yesterday). We agreed they would pick the piano up from me between 9 and 10 in the morning and take it straight to Chelle's house.

So, yesterday morning, I got up early and spent an hour playing on the piano which I haven't played properly for months, then I took a couple of photos (see below) and waited for the delivery guys to come.



When they still hadn't arrived at 12 p.m I texted Chelle and asked her if she wanted to chase it up. I had no plans for the day, so I wasn't too worried about when they came but I knew her mum and brother had just arrived from England and I didn't know if she was planning on going out anywhere. Anyway, she called the manager of the music shop and then he called me. He told me they'd only just left the shop and would be with me by 12.30. Sure enough, they arrived at 12.30 and it took them all of five minutes to load the piano onto the trolley and take it out. I was very sad to see it go, but I know it's the right thing to do. What's the point of it sitting there gathering dust?!

Last night, I was really tired but didn't get to bed till about 11 p.m. I told Penri to wake me up a bit later on, which he did ... at 4 a.m. He asked me if I wanted a drink of orange juice, to which I replied, I would love one. He then told me to get up and we'd go and get one. I whined a bit saying I didn't want to wake up, but he said 'come on, wake up', so I did. When I walked in the lounge, I was completely surprised ... he had put the cot together!! It looks lovely and it was such a nice surprise. I told him he should've woken me to help him, but he said he wanted to do it. I am so happy! Preparations are now well underway for our new arrival.

The reason for the mosquito net on the top is to keep the cats out. I'm sure Pepsi would think it was a new bed just for her!



Now we just have to figure out how to fit it in our bedroom around all our other furniture.

2 Comments:

At 6:12 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Question: Will it fill through your bedroom door?

I ask this because JB built Connor's crib in our living room, then he had to dismantle it and rebuild it in Connor's room because it wouldn't fit through the doorway.

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger Suzanna said...

Yes, we managed to fit it through the door. I can't believe JB had to build your cot twice! Penri had enough trouble building ours once.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home