The Jones's at No. 43

Friday, October 20, 2006

Not a happy bunny!

Well, I've had a rough couple of days. On Tuesday I had really severe stomach cramps and was feeling nauseous and my temperature was rising. I saw a nurse who gave me pepto-bismal and some re-hydration drink. The following day (Wednesday) I was feeling slightly better in the morning but by 3 p.m. I was back to feeling terrible again and my temperature and gone back up and I was shivering, freezing cold.

Penri took me to the Apollo Clinic and went in to try and see a doctor. We were told there were no doctors available until 5.30. I just burst into tears and asked the receptionist if I could wait. Penri asked her if she could contact a doctor to come in (as they're supposed to be 24 hours). She told me my doctor only works mornings, but she will contact a doctor to come in. So Penri went back to work and left me at the clinic.

The receptionist came to the waiting room 5 minutes later and told me she had called my doctor and she was coming in especially to see me. By the time the doctor got there (which was only about 15 minutes later) I was still crying and my temperature was high and I was having pains in my stomach. She checked me over and said it could be a couple of things - either a really bad virus or it could be malaria. She gave me an injection (in my bum of all places) which really hurt (and today is bruised) and then told me they were going to take some samples to run some tests.

She gave me all these different antibiotics - some strong anti-malaria tablets (which is a 3 day course), some tablets to reduce my fever and some tablets for the cramps. I left the hospital at 20 to 6 and came home and went to bed.

I am feeling much better today (Thursday) although still sweating lots. The only positive about feeling this crap is I have no appetite. Anyway, the fact that I am feeling a lot better is really good - it's likely it's not malaria and was just a horrible virus. I have to go back in on Monday to get the test results.

It's now Friday and I haven't posted this blog, but I am pleased to say I am feeling much much better - pretty much back to normal. I can only imagine that I just had a nasty virus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home