The Jones's at No. 43

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Using my new food mixer











The other night, my friend Megan came over to play computer games. We were both playing Sims (her on her laptop and me on my computer). I have just introduced her to Sims 2 and she is totally addicted - worse than me I think.

Anyway, I decided to have a break and make some humus and babbaganoush with the new food mixer we bought (that Penri said I would never use). Before I could start cooking, I spent about 20 minutes trying to figure out which piece of the mixer to use as there are about 30 different attachments. Once I finally got it all together and put all the ingredients in it seemed to be going smoothly. I was cooking like my mum cooks - no measurements, just throwing a bit of garlic in, then a bit of olive oil and then some lemon juice and just really hoping for the best.

I was so carried away with making the humus that I forgot I had put the aubergines in the oven. The next thing I knew there was a massive BANG! like a gunshot. One of my aubergines had exploded and when I opened the oven door it was everywhere - hanging off the sides, stuck to the back and all over the door. Luckily I managed to salvage the other aubergine before it exploded.

So I successfully made humus and babbaganoush, which I have been eating every day since.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home