The Jones's at No. 43

Friday, August 18, 2006

5 Star: The Ultimate Corner Shop

The other day we went out to the ECR (East Coast Road), which is a ten-minute walk from our house. The ECR is the main road that runs all the way into town. In our section of it (Kottivakkam area) there are a couple of little supermarkets that my mum and I frequently visit – ‘Five Stars’ and ‘Spencer’s Daily’ so we are off to do a spot of grocery shopping. I am taking my camera in the hope that I can get a picture of our supermarket so you can see what it’s like. The other day when we were in ‘Five Stars’ I saw a sign that said ‘Basement Shop downstairs’ so my mum and I went to have a look. Underneath the supermarket, they have a section with toys, crockery, kitchenware and little knick-knacks (most of them are hideous looking) but they do have some interesting stuff.

The guys who work in Five Star are really helpful and are always keen for you to try out different things, asking if we want to try gatorade, brown sweet bread and all sorts of other products. The other fab thing about them is I can ring them up from home and tell them I need milk and bread and within 10 minutes it will be delivered. Perfect for lazy people (like me!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home