The Jones's at No. 43

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Overseas Womens' Club

Yesterday, I joined the OWC (Overseas Women’s Club). My mum and I went to their monthly get together at the Courtyard Marriott Hotel. It was really nice and we met loads of lovely people. They have all kinds of events on a weekly basis, such as book readings, Mah-jong, children’s playgroup etc. Those of you who know me well will probably laugh at the next thing … I have joined the Cookery Club! Once a month they get together and learn how to make something. The first one is in September and it’s being held at the Marriott and we are being taught a recipe by the chef there. After that it will be held at people’s houses and each person teaches the rest of the ladies how to make a dish. Sounds fun – I’m not worried at all! :-} Penri suggested I teach them how to make beans on toast, as it’s one of the few things I can make! J

I also joined the Children’s Committee. They organise events for children, such as Halloween Arts and Crafts, Trick or Treating, a Christmas party etc. This really sounds like my kind of thing. I miss teaching and this means I get to help out and be creative!

We are going to join the British Club as well. They are meeting on Friday 25th for a Bingo evening. I suggested this to Penri, thinking he would never go for it, but he surprised me by saying ‘sounds like fun’, so we’re going and really looking forward to it.

So things are definitely looking up … I am meeting more and more people, making some friends, finding great places to go and things to do and best of all, I have a piano.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home